Step #1 – Come Visit
We encourage all of our prospective families to come visit our school. It really is the best way to get to know us.
On your visit, we walk you through the school. We show you the arrival process, the classrooms, and the playground. You meet your child’s teacher and the administrative staff. And we answer your questions about the lesson plans and curriculum.
At the conclusion of your tour, when you feel that Sprouting Star Children’s Academy is the right place for your child to grow and learn, you will receive an enrollment package with the application and additional information to complete the enrollment process.
At the conclusion of your tour, when you know Sprouting Star is the right place for your child to learn, grow and thrive, you receive an enrollment package with the application and additional information to enroll your child.
Step #2 – Complete the Application
At the end of your tour, you receive an enrollment package with the following:
- Admission Information Form. Complete this form to supply basic information about your child and family. You will provide information such as name, birth dates, health information, etc. It also includes important instructions such as who is allowed to pick up your child.
- Emergency Card. This form duplications some of the most important information from the Admission Information Form that would be used in the event of an emergency.
- School Family Orientation Checklist. This is a list of new family orientation procedures. Touring the facility and meeting teachers are just a few of these.
- Parent Acknowledgement of Meal Policy. Information about the meal policies.
- Smartphone App Enrollment Application. This form collects necessary information to enable the Smartphone app features.
- Gang Free Zone Notice. A government required notice that the school is located in a gang free zone.
- Tuition Schedule and Acknowledgement.
- Parent Handbook. This is an important booklet with detailed descriptions of all of Sprouting Star policies and procedures. It contains information like drop-off and pick-up procedures, illness policies and much more. Keep this handy for the entire time your child(ren) attend Sprouting Star.
- LunchDirect Registration Information. This describes how to register on-line for the catered meal program.
Most of the material listed above is self explanatory. If you have any difficulty completing the forms, we are happy to assist. Just call.
STEP #3 – Include Immunization Records
State licensing regulations require all licensed centers to maintain immunization records and a doctor’s well-check letter for all children not enrolled in grade school. If your child has not yet started Kindergarten, you will need to include copies of his or her immunization records with your application. We also need a “well check” letter from the doctor stating that your child is healthy to attend daycare. Pediatricians usually know what information to provide, so simply request these two things from your child’s doctor, and submit them with the application.
If your child is already in Kindergarten or grade school, and you are applying for before or after school care, or one of our school-age programs, immunization records are not necessary.
STEP #4 – Purchase Your Child’s Supplies
Your child will require a few items when he or she begins school. These items include:
- A nap mat
- Two sets of extra clothes (in case there is an accident and get dirty)
- Water cup
- Diapers and wipes (if applicable)
Make sure you have these items ready on your child’s first day. Nap mats go in your child’s home classroom. Their extra clothes, blankets and diapers go in their cubbies labeled with their name. If you need assistance, the director and teachers are ready to help.
Step #5 – Choose Your Child’s Meals
If you will be participating in our catered lunch program, it is time to create your online account and choose your child’s meals. Participation is not mandatory, every family is free to pack their own lunch if desired.
Go to: www.lunchdirect.com
Here you will enter the school code included in your enrollment package and create an account.
Registration Code: 159130
Choose Your Meals
Once you register, choose the meals using the convenient online menu. From this menu, you may choose the days you wish to order, and one of four different meal options each day, from family style, standard box lunch, vegetarian, and even fully organic meals.
Important Meal Ordering Deadlines
You need to choose your child’s meals by the Thursday end of day before the week your child starts school. If you miss this deadline, there is a late deadline of Saturday preceding the week your child starts, however LunchDirect does charge a late order surcharge for orders received on Friday or Saturday.
STEP #6 – The Big Day!
Your child is now ready for his or her first day of school! This is an important day in your child’s young life. He or she may be excited, or nervous, or both! Every child approaches their first day differently. Have patience. Once here, every child develops new abilities, skills, and relationships.
Have questions? We are here to help!