Step #1 – Welcome
Welcome to Sprouting Star. Please join our director, Ms. Alicia, for a virtual video tour of our school in the video below.
As of January 4th, 2021, we are accepting a limited number of children for enrollment at our school. For more information about programs offered, click here.
We encourage all of our prospective families to come visit our school in person. It really is the best way to get to know us. With the COVID-19 pandemic, this presents some challenges. As we only permit enrolled children and families into the facility during operating hours, we must schedule a suitable time after hours to meet with you. Masks are required for anyone who enters the school. We apologize for these limitations.
On your visit, we walk you through the school. We show you the arrival process, the classrooms, and the playground. You meet your child’s teacher and the administrative staff. And we answer your questions about the lesson plans and curriculum.
At the conclusion of your tour, when you feel that Sprouting Star Children’s Academy is the right place for your child to grow and learn, you will receive an enrollment package with the application and additional information to complete the enrollment process.
Step #2 – Complete the Application
At the end of your tour, you receive an enrollment package with the following information:
- Admission Information Form. Complete this form to supply basic information about your child and family. You will provide information such as name, birth dates, health information, etc. It also includes important instructions such as who is allowed to pick up your child.
- Emergency Card. This form duplications some of the most important information from the Admission Information Form that would be used in the event of an emergency.
- COVID-19 Control Procedures. This document supplies a checklist of the procedures at the center. Parents acknowledge their role in maintaining school safety. For a copy of these procedures, please click here.
- Parent Handbook. This is an important booklet with detailed descriptions of all of Sprouting Star policies and procedures. It contains information like drop-off and pick-up procedures, illness policies and much more. Keep this handy for the entire time your child(ren) attend Sprouting Star.
- Orientation Checklist. This is a list of new family orientation procedures. Touring the facility and meeting teachers are just a few of these.
- Tuition Schedule and Financial Responsibility Notice.
- Meal Policy. Information about the meal policies.
- LunchDirectTM Program Information. This describes how to register on-line for the catered meal program.
- Smartphone App Enrollment Application. This form collects necessary information to enable the Smartphone app features.
- Gang Free Zone Notice. A government required notice that the school is located in a gang free zone.
This application is entirely online through Docusign. When you are ready to enroll, simply provide us with your email address, and we can get the process started. To sign-up and request an electronic application, CLICK HERE.
STEP #3 – Provide Immunization Records
State licensing regulations require all licensed centers to maintain immunization records and a doctor’s well-check letter for all children not enrolled in grade school. If your child has not yet started Kindergarten, you will need to include copies of his or her immunization records with your application. We also need a “well check” letter from the doctor stating that your child is healthy to attend daycare. Pediatricians usually know what information to provide, so simply request these two things from your child’s doctor, and submit them with the application.
If your child is already in enrolled in Kindergarten or grade school, and you are applying for extended care, immunization records are not necessary.
STEP #4 – Purchase Your Child’s Supplies
Your child will require a few items when he or she begins school. These items include:
- A nap mat
- Two sets of extra clothes (in case there is an accident and get dirty)
- Water cup
- Diapers and wipes (if applicable)
Make sure you have these items ready on your child’s first day. Nap mats go in your child’s home classroom. Their extra clothes, blankets and diapers go in their cubbies labeled with their name. If you need assistance, the director and teachers are ready to help.
Step #5 – Choose Your Child’s Meals
If you will be participating in our catered lunch program, it is time to create your online account and choose your child’s meals. Participation is not mandatory, every family is free to pack their own lunch if desired.
Register With LunchDirect Online
To register online, go to: www.lunchdirect.com
Here you will enter the school code included in your enrollment package and create an account.
Registration Code: 159130
Choose Your Meals
Once you register, choose the meals using the convenient online menu. From this menu, you may choose the days you wish to order, and one of four different meal options each day, from family style, standard box lunch, vegetarian, and even fully organic meals.
You need to choose your child’s meals by the Thursday end of day before the week your child starts school. If you miss this deadline, there is a late deadline of Saturday preceding the week your child starts, however LunchDirect does charge a late order surcharge for orders received on Friday or Saturday.
STEP #6 – The Big Day!
Your child is now ready for his or her first day of school! This is an important day in your child’s young life. He or she may be excited, or nervous, or both! Every child approaches their first day differently. Have patience. Once here, every child develops new abilities, skills, and relationships.