Child Care Services Application Workshop:

Wednesday, March 31st @ 6 PM or

Monday, April 5th @ 6 PM

Interested in applying for Workforce Solutions’ subsidized childcare program but don’t know where to start? Sprouting Star is offering two free workshops to walk you through the steps of signing up! Free RSVP (to ensure social distancing standards):


Sprouting Star School will provide you with:

  • childcare during the workshop
  • refreshments
  • a physical copy of the application
  • a complete walkthrough and assistance with filling out the packout
  • an envelope and stamp for mailing it in!

Do you:

  • live in Travis County?
  • If you’re a single parent, do you work or go to school/training at least 25 hours a week?
  • If you’re a two parent household, do both parents work or attend school/training for a combined total of 50 hours a week?
  • is your monthly or yearly income at or below the amount listed below?
Family SizeMaximum MonthlyMaximum Yearly
2$ 3,775$ 45,301
3$ 4,663$ 55,960
4$ 5,552$ 66,619
5$ 6,440$ 77,278
6$ 7,328$ 87,937
7$ 7,495$ 89,935
8$ 7,661$ 91,934

This list may seem a little overwhelming, so if you need assistance, please give us a call at 512.777.3477 and we’ll be happy to help you!

You will need to bring the following items to the workshop. Bring your original, official documents and we will make copies for you, to include in your application packet.

  • ⭐Documents needed for parents/caregivers:⭐
  • Birth certificate OR social security card for each caregiver
  • Driver’s License OR state issued ID
  • Current utility bill, lease, or mortgage statement (to prove your residency)

  • πŸ‘ΆπŸ½For each child/children enrolling, bring ONE of the following:
  • Birth Certificate
  • US Passport
  • hospital/public health birth record
  • church/baptismal record
  • Naturalization Certification

  • πŸ‘ΆπŸ½For child/children requiring immigration/”qualified alien” verification, please bring ONE of the following:πŸ‘ΆπŸ»
  • Naturalization certification
  • “Green Card”, also known as Lawful Permanent Resident: Alien Registration Receipt Card, Form I-551
  • Asylees may use: Form I-94 or I-688B (employment authorization card) or I-766 (employment authorization document) or a grant letter from the Asylum Office or order from an immigration judge granting asylum
  • Refugees may use: Form I-94 or I-688B or I-766
  • Cuban/Haitian Entrants may use: Form I-551, or an unexpired temporary I-551 stamp in foreign passport, or Form I-94
  • πŸ’΅ Household Income Verification Documents– If Employed:
  • Paycheck stubs for each parent in the household for the last 3 months of employment. Earnings include wages, tips, commissions, and bonuses.

  • πŸ’΅ If you have additional household income, you must provide verification. This kind of income includes but not limited to: pensions, life insurance, rental income, disability payments, alimony, etc.

  • πŸ’ͺ🏽 If you are self-employed:
  • Required: Self-employed business income statement, and one of the following:
  • quarterly tax return
  • signed year-to do-date profit and loss for each business owned
  • business legers, records, statements, etc
  • customer contracts or work orders
  • calendar of work appointments and money earned through these appointments

  • 🏫 If you are attending school or training:
  • Current transcript (unofficial is okay)
  • current school schedule
  • training verification

*Official Workforce Solutions site:

Still have questions? Please contact us using the info below! We hope to see you at our workshop!

%d bloggers like this: